ADVANTAGES to Plumb-EZ are:
- COST: Plumb-EZ is less than half the cost of other systems. Other Commercial / Industrial Plumbing / Piping Estimating Systems begin at $5,000.
- MOBILITY: Plumb-EZ can be installed onto a Laptop Computer. One can carry Plumb-EZ with them to Job Sites for calculating “On-Site Estimates” and “Change Orders” for FAST – Give-It-To-Me-Now-Pricing.
- SIMPLICITY: Plumb-EZ is So Simplistic to use, one will not feel as though an Engineering and Computer Science Degree is necessary to operate the Software. All is required of User is: 1. Enter Necessary Variables. 2. Enter Quantities of Pipe – Fittings – Fixtures – Equipment. Plumb-EZ does the rest.
- WELD COUNT & CALCULATION: Plumb-EZ Automatically counts all Welds based on 1 weld per length of pipe and 1 weld per fitting outlet based on Pipe Size and fraction of Outlet Size. Weld Calculation is based on Circumference Formula.
- PIPE HANGER COUNT & CALCULATION: Page 1 of Plumbing – Heating / Cooling – Med Gas – Industrial Piping requires Variable Entry for Pipe Hanger Cost with Labor. Plumb-EZ Automatically counts Pipe Hangers per Code from Pipe Footages entered. Plumb-EZ multiplies Pipe Hanger Count x Pipe Hanger Cost; then automatically separates material and labor cost to each hanger.
- DIGGING / COMPACTION COUNT & CALCULATION: Page 1 of Utility and Plumbing SHEETS requires Variable Entry for Digging Costs. From Pipe Footage Entry in Estimate, Plumb-EZ automatically calculates Digging Costs.
Plumb-EZ-Software.com is a Commercial / Industrial Plumbing and Mechanical Estimating Software.
The word Plumbing after the word Commercial identifies that Plumb-EZ Software Estimates Commercial Plumbing work, NOT Residential plumbing work.
The words Industrial and Mechanical identifies that Plumb-EZ Software Estimates Industrial Piping Systems related to the mechanical phase of construction. Industrial Piping involves work that is larger than commercial. Plumb-EZ’s “Industrial Piping” Sheet will Estimate pipe and pipe welding from ½ inch to 48 inch pipe.
The following describes the Contents which Plumb-EZ-Software offers for mechanical plumbing and piping estimation purposes.
The CONTENT within Plumb-EZ-Software.com is as follows:
- 1. SIX INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS:
Plumb-EZ comes with six Instructional Videos. Plumb-EZ management wants every purchaser to have a full set of visual instructional videos to simplify Usage Operation for both Start-Up and Future Reference.
Plumb-EZ Instructional Videos include:
- Open Data File & Print Preview.
- Set Variables
- Enter Take Off
- Welding – Seismic Bracing
Plumb-EZ Video titled “Set Variables” offers a full description for variable entries. The following variables require entries by Plumb-EZ purchaser for cost and labor calculation:
1. Labor: The cost of 1 hour labor with Labor Burden.
2. Dig: The cost to dig & compact 1 foot of trench per pipe size.
3. Hangers: The cost of 1 hanger; includes hardware & labor.
4. Weld Cost per diameter inch: The cost to weld 1 inch of pipe. Weld Cost Calculation example is offered inside Plumb-EZ.
5. Labor Factors: Decimal numerical constants from Labor Calculator – Supplied by purchaser of Plumb-EZ.
6. Material Costs: Material prices from material suppliers.
Once Variables are entered and set into a Blank Plumb-EZ system; it can be saved as a “MASTER” copy and stored in the Data File. From there, the Blank copy with the variables set, is ready for a new Estimate. The Master copy can be opened with all the variables set and NOW given a new name of the project to be estimated. This allows the MASTER copy to be stored in the Data File with all the variables set, ready for future estimates.
See “Open Data File & Print Preview” Instructional Video.
3. EXCEL COLUMN IDENTIFICATION – COLOR CODED:
Microsoft EXCEL Columns are identified alphabetically. Plumb-EZ Columns are Color Coded for Ergonomic use. Color Coded Columns and Cells allow continual observation of the computer screen without having your eyes wonder from one column to another. This is known as Ergonomic Safety.
Colored Cells require Self Entries for variables and material quantities. White cells do not. White cells are the result of multiplication of variables or entries multiplied by other variables or entries
AT the end of several sections, inside Plumb-EZ Software, Details are offered. For sections identified on a blueprint as a DETAIL, the detail may say “Typical of any number.” Plumb-EZ allows you to do your entry of the pipe footages and fittings for ONE DETAIL. Enter these quantities for ONE DETAIL in the proper cells. Now, enter the number of details in the DETAIL NUMBER CELL. Plumb-EZ will do the Math and multiply the quantities you entered for one detail by the number of Details.
5. RED RIBBON SUB-TOTALS:
At the end of each Phase, there is a RED RIBBON that gives TOTALS on each individual Phase for: Material $ – Labor Hours – Labor $ – Misc. $ (digging – weld costs). These Red Ribbon Sub Totals are:
1. Added for first sub-totals on Total Page of each of the 6 estimating sheets.
2. Transferred to Estimate Total Sheet
3. Transferred to Cost Code Sheet for a complete Audit of each phase
6. MECHANICAL SYSTEM INCLUSIONS:
The following describes each SHEET within Plumb-EZ with each System or Phase included for Estimation:
1. UTILITES SHEET:
2. Storm Drains
3. Water Main
4. Water Line
5. Gas Line
6. Write Ins
Hub, No-Hub, PVC, Vic, Solder, Pro Press, Copper, Mechanical Joint, Screw, and Weld are all descriptions of the different types of pipes included within the following categories of Plumb-EZ for estimation. Each of these categories of pipe offers a full account of the types of pipes used for each phase of the following SHEETS.
2. PLUMBING SHEET:
1. Soil Pipe (Hub – No Hub – PVC – Vic) below & above grade.
2. Roof Drains (Hub – No Hub – PVC ) below & above grade.
3. Acid Pipe below & above grade.
4. Cold Water Pipe (copper solder or pro press)
5. Hot Water Pipe (copper solder or pro press)
6. Hot Water Circulate (copper solder or pro press)
7. Water Pipe Details
A. Water Entry (copper & mechanical joint)
B. Water Heater (copper solder or pro press)
8. Gas Pipe (screw – weld)
9. Air Pipe (copper)
11. Kitchen Equipment
3. HEATING / COOLING PIPING SHEET:
1. HWS / R (copper – screw – weld – vic)
2. CHWS /R (copper – screw – weld – vic)
3. CWS /R condenser water (copper – screw – weld – vic)
4. STEAM (screw – weld)
5. Condensate Return (screw – weld)
6. Refrigeration Piping (copper braze)
4. MEDICAL GAS PIPING SHEET:
1. VAC – MEDICAL VACUUM
2. AIR – MEDICAL AIR
3. OXY – OXYGEN
4. NIT – NITROGEN
5. N2O – NITROUS OXIDE
6. CO2 – CARBON DIOXIDE
7. CAR – CARBOGEN
8. WAGD – WASTE ANESTHETIC GAS DISPOSAL
9. AGS – ANESTHIC GAS SCAVENGING SYSTEM
10. Systems 1 – 3 for write ins
12. Equipment: air compressors – alarms – column / walls –
filter systems – manifolds – monitors – panels –
oxy stations – vac pumps
5. INDUSTRIAL PIPING SHEET:
1. Hydraulic Piping (screw – weld)
2. Steam Piping (screw – weld)
3. Condensate Return Piping (screw – weld)
4. Piping Systems 1 – 8 for write ins (screw – weld)
6. Drain Line
7. Pneumatic Piping
6. SEISMIC BRACING SHEET:
Seismic Bracing is defined as: “Reinforcement added to a structure to prevent collapse or deformation of building elements as a result of earthquakes.”
Different areas around the world may require Seismic Bracing on mechanical piping systems inside of buildings as defined by local building codes and mechanical engineers.
All piping systems above floor grade require hanger support. The pipe footages from each piping system that have pipes above floor grade, are automatically brought over to Seismic Bracing and placed in their appropriate sections and cells for pricing. The estimator using Plumb-EZ only needs to estimate Seismic Bracing If the specification requirements to a said project call for Seismic Bracing by placing prices in the required cells.
MISC. COSTS: With respect to Utilities – Plumbing – Heating / Cooling – Medical Gas Piping – Industrial Piping; Each of these five Sheets contain the following 8 categories for pricing after each of the systems 1 – 5 listed above in number 6; “Mechanical System Inclusions”:
1. Rental Equipment
4. Core Drilling / Flat Saw
5. Fire Caulking
6. Tests & Inspections
8. General Costs
The last two lines on the page prior to each of the Total Pages, of the Five Estimating Sheets (Utilities – Plumbing – Heating / Cooling – Med Gas – Industrial Piping) have either or both of:
1. Green Ribbon Totals for Digging / Compaction.
2. Grey Ribbon Totals for Welding Costs.
7. TOTAL PAGE: 2nd to last page on the 6 Estimating Sheets
Utilities – Plumbing – Heating / Cooling – Med Gas – Industrial Piping – Seismic Bracing. The TOTAL Page to the Sheets listed herein contains the following:
1. Sub Totals for: Material $ – Labor Hours – Labor $ – Misc. $
2. Calculator Adjustment: Allows Estimator to make percentage
adjustments on Material $ AND Labor Hours.
3. Tax Rate: Allows Estimator to set Percentage of Tax Rate.
4. Taxes: Shows Sales Taxes on materials.
5. Sub Totals for: Material $ – Labor Hours – Labor $ – Misc. $
6. Sub Totals for: Material $ – Labor $ – Misc. $ (collectively)
7. Overhead: Set percentage of Overhead.
8. Profit: Set percentage of Profit.
9. Sub Contracts: Enter Sub Contract Prices.
Excavation – HVAC – Controls – Insulation – Water Treatment
10. SHEET TOTAL
8. PROFIT / LOSS PAGE:
This is the last page of each of the 6 Estimating Sheets. This allows Profit and Loss Calculation with respect to LABOR ONLY. Each phase of work listed in the Red Ribbon Totals from each of the 6 Sheets is copied to the Cost Code Sheet for Audit with Cost Code Numbers. From there, cross
referencing of labor can be done to determine Profit or Loss on the Total Labor Calculated per each Sheet of the Plumb-EZ estimate.
9. ESTIMATE TOTAL SHEET:
This Sheet is a Total collection of all Monetary Totals to: Utilities – Plumbing – Heating / Cooling – Medical Gas Piping – Industrial Piping – Seismic Bracing.
The first Totals listed are:
1. Taxes Paid on Materials
These totals are included within each of the Total Pages listed in each of the 6 Sheet Totals below, and therefore are not added twice to the TOTAL MECHANICAL ESTIMATE.
The next Totals listed are:
3. Heating / Cooling
4. Medical Gas
5. Industrial Piping
6. Seismic Bracing
These 6 totals are added towards the Total Mechanical Estimate.
Alternate Change Orders 1 – 4
TOTAL MECHANICAL ESTIMATE PRICE $
10. WELD COUNT & CALCULATION:
Plumb-EZ automatically counts welds. There is 1 weld per length of pipe, plus 1 weld per fitting outlet. Outlets smaller than the pipe size calculated are counted as a decimal fraction to the pipe size. Example: A 4×2 Tee has two 4 inch welds plus one 2 inch weld. The 2 inch is 50 % of the 4 inch. Therefore, a 4×2 Tee is counted as 2.5 ,,, 4 inch welds. By simply entering the quantities of pipe and fittings, Plumb-EZ will count all the welds.
11. COST CODE AUDIT SHEET:
The value of this Sheet is Extremely High. Every management and estimating individual in the mechanical contracting business will be positioned to display and account for a complete audit of each individual Phase of each and every project estimated and contracted. Plumb-EZ COST CODE AUDIT SHEET contains 218 Phases detailing Material $ – Labor Hours – Labor $ – Misc. $ to each separate phase for all 6 of the estimation Sheets. Cost Code Sheet has 12 pages. This allows a Project Manager to have a complete breakdown / audit of the entire project, all in only 12 pages.
Plumb-EZ Cost Code Audit Sheet offers an added advantage to Government Contracts where the U.S. Government may require Cost Auditing to work contracted on government facilities and properties.
CONTENTS of Plumb-EZ Mechanical Estimating Software described herein was built on the idea of:
INCLUSION of every necessary mechanical piping system needed in a commercial – industrial – mechanical plumbing / piping estimate that is USER FRIENDLY, which is:
SIMPLISTIC – ACCURATE – COST AFFORDABLE
FULL AUDIT CAPABILITY.
Simply enter your Variables. Now; Save your Variables to a MASTER COPY. Now; open a Master Copy. Give it a new name and Save it. Start entering quantities of materials from your take-off. Plumb-EZ will do all the math, build your estimate, and give you a complete Audit Sheet for accounting purposes.
labor cost – digging costs – hanger costs – material prices – labor factors
pipe footages – fittings – fixtures – equipment
PLUMB-EZ DOES THE REST
Colorado Springs, CO. 80962